I am a sucker for a plate of tasty buffalo wings! But sometimes we are looking for something that is just as delicious, but just a bit on the healthier side. That is not an easy task, so what to do?
Try out Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings”!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets (~6 cups)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk (fat content to your choosing)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a little cooking spray on a foiled lined baking sheet and add a cooling rack on top.
- Mix the flour, buttermilk, and garlic powder together in a large bowl and then add the cauliflower. Make sure the cauliflower is coated well then shake the excess batter from the florets as you place them on the rack. Go ahead and toss the excess batter.
- Bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes in the oven. Remove the baked cauliflower from the baking sheet and toss the bites generously with buffalo sauce.
- Return the buffalo cauliflower bites back onto the rack and bake for another 10-12 minutes, or until the cauliflower browns on the edges.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and chow down!
Now there is something missing from this recipe. . . A scrumptious dip!
A quick and easy one I like to do is a Yogurt Herb Dip:
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dill, chopped (fresh preferred, dried works too!)
- ¼ garlic powder
- Mix in a small bowl and refrigerate till ready to get down on some buffalo cauliflower “wings”.
What are some of your favorite dips to make at home??